3.15.2011

My Top 50 Favorite Songs: 05

Please Note: The first 10 songs are NOT necessarily my favorite songs by what are most certainly some of my favorite artists. These songs stand out to me (for various reasons that I explain) from the rest of the artists' works, but I could not, under any circumstances, comfortably say that these songs are my definitive favorites from the artists. I have no definitive favorites from some artists; their entire collected work (minus a track or two) would be my favorites.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

5. "Enough" by Gravity Kills

This song is not the best Gravity Kills song by any means, and it's not even one I generally recommend as a good introduction to the band (I'd say "Guilty" or "Disintegrate" are the best songs for that, if you're interested), but "Enough" was the song, when I first picked up the album, that I listened to the most. So, even as I grew to love other tracks more and as I've matured I've taken to liking tracks that are, for lack of a better term, the slower songs, but I've still got that initial partialness to this track from those first listenings. I'll always think of Gravity Kills as I did in those first few weeks of owning the debut album, listening to it on repeat again and again, and as so I'll always associate this particular song with that initial experience. I'd like to point out that the Mortal Kombat film soundtrack introduced me to artists such as Gravity Kills, KMFDM, and Stabbing Westward (cut off the soundtrack, but three songs are featured in the film). My love of mid-90's film soundtracks stems from the fact that they led me to so many great bands that went on to become some of my favorite artists. So, here's to you, film soundtracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment