3.12.2011

My Top 50 Favorite Songs: 01

Please Note: The first 10 songs are NOT necessarily my favorite songs by what are most certainly some of my favorite artists. These songs stand out to me (for various reasons that I explain) from the rest of the artists' works, but I could not, under any circumstances, comfortably say that these songs are my definitive favorites from the artists. I have no definitive favorites from some artists; their entire collected work (minus a track or two) would be my favorites.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1. "Last" by Nine Inch Nails

The interesting flow of the vocals (so cool, in fact, that Godsmack unconsciously ripped it off on the track "Timebomb"), the thumping head-nod beat of the drums, and one of the hardest and most infectious guitar riffs in the industrial-rock leader's history, "Last" is not the best song Trent Reznor ever wrote, and not the most widely known, but it's always been one of my favorites... and because it doesn't get as much airplay as other faves such as "Wish," "March of the Pigs" or "Hurt," I only grow more fond of it as time goes on (pretty good for a track I've been listening to steadily for 15 years or so).

No comments:

Post a Comment